Bruises are a type of hematoma where the capillaries are damaged by trauma allowing blood to seep into the surrounding tissues. They can be quite painful and are most certainly ugly. There are two ways to deal with them.
You can try to hide them with makeup or take measures to heal them. I recommend makeup for concealing them short term. But really for peace of mind the best option is to be rid of them.
To that end I have collected 10 ways to care for bruises in order to make them go away
- Neosporin and Ice – When you find you have a nasty looking bruise try this. Apply an Ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes to the affected area and then put Neosporin on it. wait a while and then repeat the process.
- Butter – When you feel a bruise is coming apply a small amount of butter and smear it over the damaged spot. The fat in the butter helps the cells to heal doing this in time may keep the bruise small or even help prevent it all together.
- Tooth brush, Toothpaste and Salt – Take a toothbrush and comb out the affected area gently. Then apply a mix of toothpaste and salt. This has been known to heal bruises fast.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Mix lavender essential oil with carrier oil like olive oil jojoba or mineral oil. Apply directly to bruise and bandage. It will disappear soon.
- Penny method – Take a coin like a penny and press down gently on the bruise hold there for an entire minute. Move the penny to other areas of the bruise. This allows the blood clot to disburse. Soon it will go away.
- Chinese Egg Rolling Trick – boil a couple of eggs and peal them. Roll them over your bruise back and forth. Your bruise should be gone in no time.
- Use a round lipstick cap – To get rid of a hickey, use a circular lipstick cap. Put it on the hickey and twist while pulling to create suction. Do it until you can no longer stand the pain. It should take 5 or 10 minutes. Leave it alone for 30 minutes or perhaps rub it. Another good idea would be to use an ice pack on it while you wait. Do it again making sure to twist and pull at the same time.
- Heat it gone – Try boiling some water with salt. Wet a washcloth and put it on the bruise as hot as you can stand. Repeat this for two nights just before bed. By the third it should be practically gone.
- Desitin – When you get a bruise try applying Desitin to it at night before you go to bed. In the morning it might be gone.
- Cream Cheese – Yeah I saved the best for last. When you get a bruise or a hickey smear some cream cheese on it and leave it on for about 10 minutes. It should be gone in about 3o minutes to an hour.
I hope this has helped. Bruises are a painful unsightly thing. Not getting one is preferable but getting rid of them fast will work.