Beliefs, changing them can change your life. A lot of healing has to do with our beliefs which start developing early on. The beliefs we develop from birth to ten years of age can follow us into adulthood.
These come from our parents and relatives. We are also influenced by teachers, peers, religious and spiritual leaders. Some of these beliefs are beneficial while others are not.
When our beliefs are not positive they need to be changed, so we can move forward and attain the healing we desire. It is possible. There are a number of ways it can be done.
3 Steps to Begin Changing your Beliefs:
- Acknowledge the beliefs you have. (to deny them will not help)
- Examine your beliefs to test their current validity in your life. Are they working against you?
- Make a conscious choice to change those beliefs which no longer serve you in a positive way.
When we do this we gain the attention of the universe. When that which was blocked is free, it changes our conscious and subconscious mind bringing us in line with nature. Therein lies healing.
The past no longer has a hold on us. It’s an experience we can learn from, then we can move forward with our newfound wisdom.
How to Change your Beliefs
- Be specific about what you want
- Make a promise to yourself to follow through
- When you accidently fall back into old patterns of thinking, simply recognize it and return to your desired way of thinking.
We can break free from habits that don’t serve us by developing a positive routine or practice. We can promise ourselves to no longer remain stuck in unhealthy beliefs.
Practice Healthy Beliefs
- Spend five to ten minutes a day envisioning what it would be like if one area of concern was different.
- Imagine how you would feel and what you would do.
- Put effort into the vision and get excited. Speak positive affirmations in the present tense.
Affirmations Can Help
We can both listen to positive affirmations and do positive affirmations. Listening to recorded affirmations when you sleep feeds your subconscious mind. Louise Hay is right when she says: your subconscious mind will process and retain the messages that are meant for you at the time.
State your affirmations with confidence and energy. It is helpful to say them in the present tense. It may take time to accept them. You might experience some doubt, but don’t give up.
When doubt or unbelief creeps in acknowledge it, then say to your-self that is my old way of thinking. I am moving forward now. It is my right to live with abundance, joy and confidence.
- I deserve and accept joy and abundance in my life
- The universe acknowledges and supports me
- I am valuable
- I am worthy of love
- I express gratitude, in return the universe supplies my needs
- I overcome obstacles
- My past mistakes are not failures, they are learning experiences
- I no longer give power to attitudes that burden me
When we discover the power of healthy beliefs we can change our lives and become more confident. We can look forward to new experiences with expectation and gratitude, and claim our birth right of success, happiness and abundance.